In light of the importance of protecting personal information and in order to further enhance customer trust in our business, we will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Personal Information Protection Act), the Act on the Use of Identification Number to Identify Specific Individuals in Administrative Procedures (Number Act), other related laws, regulations, and guidelines from related government agencies on the proper handling of specific personal information. We will handle personal information in a careful and appropriate manner and take necessary measures to ensure its safety.We will ensure that personal information is handled appropriately by providing thorough training and guidance to our employees engaged in the same.
In addition, we will promptly respond to complaints and inquiries regarding the handling of personal information, and will review and improve our handling of personal information as appropriate.
１.Acquisition and use of personal information
We will acquire and use personal information to the extent necessary for our business and by legal and fair means. (excluding personal numbers and specified personal information as described below in point 6)
２.Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We will use the personal information we have obtained (for personal numbers and specified personal information, please refer to point 6) for the following purposes.
- To deliver products, settle payments, and provide other services (including websites) of the company or its affiliates.
- To distribute and deliver notices, announcements, advertisements, and other information regarding the products and services (including existing products and services as well as new products and services to be offered) of the company or its affiliates.
- To respond appropriately to customer inquiries.
- To improve the products and services of the company or its affiliates, or to conduct new research and development.
- For system maintenance or troubleshooting.
- To investigate and prevent unauthorized access or any other unauthorized use of our services.
- To carry out our insurance-agency-related business.
- To propose the products and services of the insurance companies with which we do business.
- Other documents (including electromagnetic records) separately prepared by the company for purposes that have been clearly indicated in writing.
Any changes to the above purposes of use will be made within the scope reasonably recognized as having considerable relevance, unless otherwise agreed by the person concerned or stipulated by law. In the event of such changes, the company will, in principle, notify the person concerned in writing or otherwise, or publicly announce such details on the company's website or otherwise.
The purposes of use of the insurance companies which entrust us with business are described on the websites of the respective insurance companies (see below).
Insurance companies that we do business with:
General Insurance Companies
Life Insurance Companies
Personal Data Security Control Measures
We will take adequate security measures to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage of the personal data (including personal numbers and specified personal information) that we handle, and manage other personal data securely. The measures include the establishment of rules and regulations related to handling and the implementation of systems for safety management. We will take appropriate measures to ensure the accuracy of the data required to achieve the purpose of use. If any problem should occur, we will promptly take appropriate corrective measures.
In our insurance agency business, we will use customers' personal information only to the extent necessary for the performance of our business. We will not use this information for any purpose other than the ones that customers have been informed of in advance. Any changes in the purposes of use shall be within the scope of reasonable relevance, and the details regarding such changes shall be provided in writing or posted on our website.
Provision of Personal Data to and Acquisition of Personal Data from Third Parties
- Except in the following cases, we will not provide personal data to a third party without the prior consent of the person concerned.
①When required by law.
②When it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
③When it is especially necessary to improve public health or to promote the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the concerned individual.
④When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
⑤Where said third party is an academic research institution, etc., and it is necessary for said third party to handle said personal data for academic research purposes (including cases where part of the purpose of handling said personal data is for academic research purposes, but excluding cases where there is a risk of unjustified infringement of the rights and interests of individuals).
- When personal data is provided to a third party or acquired from a third party (including cases where personal related information is acquired as personal data), we will confirm the circumstances of such provision or acquisition based on existing laws and regulations, and record and store the name of the recipient or provider and other items necessary.
- Notwithstanding the preceding items, in the following cases, the recipient of such information is not a third party.
①When we outsource all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
②Cases in which personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to a merger or other reasons.
５.Handling of Sensitive Information
We will not acquire any sensitive personal information (including race, creed, social status, medical history, criminal record, criminal damage information, etc.) except with the consent of the person concerned or in the cases specified in (1) through (8) below. In principle, we do not acquire sensitive personal information (i.e., personal information that requires special consideration) handled in connection with our insurance agency business, membership in labor unions, family origin and legal domicile, health care, or sex life, except in the cases specified in (1) through (11) below. We will not, in principle, acquire, use, or provide sensitive information to third parties.
- When required by laws and regulations.
- When necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of a person.
- When especially necessary to improve public health or to promote the sound growth of children.
- When necessary for cooperating with a national agency, local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by laws and regulations.
- When academic research is conducted jointly with an academic research organization, etc., and it is necessary to obtain said information from said academic research organization, etc. for academic research purposes (including cases where part of the purpose of obtaining said information is for academic research purposes, but excluding cases where there is a risk of unjustified infringement of individual rights and interests).
- When the information is publicly disclosed by the individual, a national agency, local government, domestic or foreign academic or research institution, a media organization, a person engaged in writing, religious or political organization, foreign government, foreign government agency, foreign local government, or an international organization.
- When information is obtained by visually inspecting or photographing the person, and is evident from the external appearance of the person.
- When the information is provided as a result of entrustment, succession of business, or joint use of the handling of the information.
- When acquiring, using, or providing to a third-party sensitive information of employees, etc. concerning their membership or affiliation with political, religious, or other organizations or labor unions, to the extent necessary for the performance of insurance premium collection administration, etc.
- When acquiring, using, or providing to a third-party sensitive information to the extent necessary for the performance of insurance claim payment affairs, etc. involving inheritance procedures.
- When acquiring, using, or providing to a third-party sensitive information to the extent necessary for the performance of business operations based on the consent of the person concerned, out of necessity to ensure appropriate business operations of the insurance business.
６.Handling of Personal Number and Specified Personal Information
We will not acquire or use personal numbers or specified personal information for purposes other than those specified by law. In addition, we will not provide personal numbers or specified personal information to third parties, except as limited and explicitly specified in the Number Law.
７.Disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc. of retained personal data will be conducted in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law.
In the case of requests for the disclosure (including disclosure of confirmation and records), correction, or discontinuance of the use of retained personal data under the Personal Information Protection Law, we will proceed after confirming the identity of the requesting party. With regard to personal data held by insurance companies and other third parties, we will contact the relevant companies. If, as a result of a necessary investigation of the personal data held by the company, the information concerning the person in question is found to be inaccurate, the company will change the information to be accurate based on the results of the investigation.
Please note that the above procedures for disclosure, etc. will be subject to a prescribed fee. If you wish to follow the procedures, please contact us using the contact information below.
The contents of this policy may be changed without notice to you, except as otherwise stated by law or in this policy.
９.For inquiries, please contact us.
Contact us using the information provided below for inquiries. Inquiries regarding insurance accidents related to our insurance agency business may also be made to the accident consultation contact of the insurance company listed on the insurance policy. Please note that we will respond to inquiries only after confirming the identity of the person making the inquiry.
1-5-10 Kandasudacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan
KEIAISHA CO., LTD.
Main Office Phone：03-6206-0981
If you do not wish to receive information about new products and services from us by e-mail, direct mail, etc., please contact us at the above contact information.